At Charles Read we believe that a strong partnership with parents and carers is really important.
A regular programme of Parents’ Evenings exists, where parents and carers have the opportunity to meet with their child’s subject teachers to discuss academic progress and receive pastoral updates.
Our Parent Governor team helps to bring a parent/carer perspective to the strategic management of the academy. They play a valuable role in demonstrating how the academy is perceived from a parent/carer’s point of view, helping to shape academy policy.
We ask that all parents and carers help us to uphold key academy policies, such as championing high attendance and correct uniform.
From the academy you can expect us to:
- Provide an effective learning environment for all students
- Give structured pastoral support to students throughout their time at the academy
- Enable students to broaden their horizons through the provision of excellent opportunities
- Respond promptly to expression of concern or complaints
To achieve this, however, we also need parents and carers to:
- Support their child’s needs to learn by creating the right environment at home for enquiry and discovery
- Enable their child to achieve full attendance
- Encourage their children to promote academy values, such as caring for each other and wearing the uniform correctly.
Links to our latest Ofsted report can be found here
Details of the academy's latest KS4 results can be found here
Performance data presented on the Department's School Performance Tables can be found here
Show My Homework
Track your Child's Homework. Click here.
Other parent information
Details about the school day can be found in the life with us section of the website.
To find out about our local offer, SEN and inclusion practices, please click here.