We are delighted that you are considering joining us here at Charles Read Academy. We hope to make the transition for students from primary to secondary school as smooth as possible. During the summer term we endeavour to visit all pupils in their primary school to speak to them about the transition from their primary to CRA and also receive an insight from primary teachers on each pupil so we can start tailoring specific individual needs as early as possible.
All new Year 6 students are invited to our transition events throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for students to meet their new classmates and to become familiar with the academy and key staff.
We run an active programme of events for primary school pupils to enable them to experience life in a secondary school setting and to take part in masterclasses to experience some our specialist teaching areas on offer.
Open Evenings at Charles Read Academy are held in July and September each year for prospective pupils and parents. Dates and times will be advertised on our website and on our social media channels.
Applying for a Year 7 Place
- The parents or carers of a child must apply for their school place through the Lincolnshire County Council Admissions Team.
- For September 2020 school places, you can apply for your child to start Year 7 at secondary school in September 2019, as they are in Year 6 at a primary or junior school.
- All applications must be received by 31st October 2019.
- You can collect your offer on 2nd March 2020.
Our admissions policy can be viewed by downloading the document below.
For more information see below:
Our Transition Team
Mrs C DexterTransition Lead & HLTA
Mrs C Dexter
Mrs A Millar-BrownAssistant SENCO
Mrs A Millar-Brown
Mrs K ColemanTeaching Assistant
Mrs K Coleman
Our Transition Process
- Open evenings held twice a year
- STEAM days for Year 5 students
- Summer sports camp Year 3 upwards
- Year 7 team visit Primary schools
- Friendship morning
- SEN Transition morning
- Transition day
- Transition evening for parents
- Summer holiday reading task
- Year 7 Form Tutors and Key workers
- Residential team building trip during the first few weeks of Year 7
A dedicated Year 7 team that will be available to answer any questions you may have throughout the transition period and beyond