Staying connected and having a sense of belonging is so important at all times but particularly vital during a pandemic. Whilst the school is closed to the majority of students, we will do everything we can to keep the community active and excited about their learning and having a sense of belonging through the various activities and opportunities we share.
During lockdown, we continue to operate a full assembly programme to help our students to self regulate and get ready for their day of learning, to pass on important messages, to help continue to deliver our PSHCE programme and to ensure our students remain connected to our 3 houses as well as our 1 community.
Our assembly schedule is as follows:
Monday - Whole School Assembly
Tuesday - Year 11 Assembly (fortnightly)
Wednesday - House Assembly
Friday - House Assembly
We are continuing our careers programme remotely, with Year 11 individual career interviews taking place via Teams and a series of webinars for a range of year groups, some which are shared in lesson time where pertinent to a particular topic and others that students opt into due to their personal interest.
For guidance on remote learning and how to access IT support please click here.
For students who have no IT device access the lockdown curriculum here.
Please do not hesitate to contact the academy via the email@example.com email address.
We will keep this page updated as and when there are any further developments. We hope you are keeping safe and well.
Mrs S Jones
- Charles Read COVID 19 Lateral Flow Testing Risk Assessment
- Charles Read Remote Learning Provision
- Charles Read Risk assessment Update Lockdown March 2021
- Charles Read Safeguarding Policy COVID 19 Addendum
- COVID Finance plan
- COVID 19 Information Booklet
- COVID 19 Wellbeing Resources
- DRET Data Protection Policy
- DRET Privacy Notice Covid Testing
Letters to Parents
- Home Testing Letter March 2021
- Parent and Student Booklet Secondary 05 03 21.pptx
- Return to school 2nd letter 5th March 2021
- Return to school letter March 2021
- CRA Year 11 careers letter 01 02 2021
- Year 11 exam letter v3
- Parent Letter re February 12th 2021
- Parent Letter COVID 07 01 21
- Parent Letter COVID 04 01 21
- Parent Letter COVID 02 01 21 FAQs for Key Worker and Vulnerables
- Parent Letter COVID 02 01 21