Year 11 Revision Topics
Year 11's can access a breakdown of topics here for each subject to support in the planning of revision as we enter the exam period.
At CRA we use homework to support pupils in retaining knowledge and key facts which are essential to academic success in the subject they are studying. Prep Homework has been designed using research informed strategies including: spaced retrieval, interleaving and chunking of information. This method allows pupils to begin the revision process from the outset of year 7 meaning that by the time pupils reach their GCSE examinations they have been revising for five years and developing effective revision techniques.
Each student has a homework folder which contains a homework exercise book and a set of knowledge organisers which are used to complete homework activities. The exception to this is Maths where pupils complete assigned Hegarty maths tasks and show their workings in their homework books and some KS4 subjects which will be completing their homework using sections of the subject revision guides (which can be purchased from the school reception). Those that have trouble accessing the internet from home for Hegarty can attend Hegarty club on Tuesday lunch in F2 for pupils to complete homework.
The process has been designed to be simple for students to complete and parents to support with:
- Draw a line with a ruler and pencil every six lines down the page to create five boxes on the page
- At the top of the page, write the name of the subject being studied and the date then underline both with a ruler
- Spend two minutes reading and re-reading a section of the knowledge organiser (this will be prescribed by the teacher)
- Turn the knowledge organiser over and write down as much information as you can remember (two minutes maximum)
- Turn your knowledge organiser back over and check it against what you have written, use a purple pen to tick any areas that you have correctly remembered and add in any details or corrections you have missed (two minutes maximum)
- Repeat the process a further four times with the sections prescribed by your teacher so you have all five sections contain information and corrections
Please see the instructional video below to see the process in action.
Students should complete the correct knowledge organiser each night according to the timetable below. Each subject should take 30 minutes to complete.
|English||English Literature (Poetry)|
|Thursday||History||English Literature (Text)|
|Weekend||Geography & Music||Options 2 & 3|
Key Stage 4 Additional Homework