5 Ways to Wellbeing
On the last day of term (12th February) Charles Read Academy delivered a ‘Screen Free’ Wellbeing afternoon for all students. Students were set 5 activities to complete, linking to the five ways to well-being:
- To Keep Learning – Students were encouraged to move away from the screen and find something new or interesting to read or listen to.
- To Give – The second activity encouraged students to help their parents/carers out around the house. Examples included tidying their bedrooms, hoovering, cleaning the dishes or making a cup of tea.
- To Connect – The third activity required students to make contact with friends and/or family by making a phone call, sending a text or via facetime.
- To Be Active – The penultimate activity encouraged students to get some fresh air by going for a walk, jog or cycle
- To Take Notice – The final activity required students to take a photo of the world around them. Examples included ideas such as taking a photo of nature on a walk or something growing in the garden.
Each of the activities were split into 30 minute time slots throughout the afternoon allowing students enough time to take part and 1 house point was awarded for every completed task. To claim house points students were required to send in photo evidence of them completing each activity.