Work with Us
The David Ross Education Trust, of which this academy is a part, is committed to investing in the ongoing professional development of staff and to providing career progression opportunities.
We are looking for staff who will
- Have the capacity to generate energy and enthusiasm for learning
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students
- Be a reflective and resilient practitioner
- Have high expectations of all students
- Have a commitment to inclusion;â€¯
- Help lead and foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;â€¯
- Have a commitment to the school’s ethos and vision
- Be able to establish strong relationships with students and staff
- Model professional standards across all areas of work.
Our schools work as a team and achieve great things through these partnerships. Our subject specialists, our trust-wide intranet, a common curriculum and our online learning resources all help us share knowledge and expertise simplifying work processes allowing staff to focus on high quality teaching.
We value our staff highly, and take work/life balance seriously; we realise a happy staff is an effective staff. We have created an environment where teachers can carry out their core role of delivering excellent lessons.â€¯ We have a clear and simple behaviour policy that is easy to administer.â€¯ If action is needed beyond the basic classroom routines the pastoral and senior teams take the burden away from the teachers, conducting detentions, following up and liaising with parents on your behalf.â€¯
In addition to this, teachers are trusted to be professionals and as such we have
- No unannounced observations
- No lesson grading
- Meeting and INSET day time for joint team planning
Continuing Professional Development and Support
We aim to bring out the best in you as well as in our students and we understand the importance of quality CPD. Charles Read offers a range of development opportunities, with both internal and external providers, for staff at different stages in their career.â€¯ We are responsive to staff needs; supporting them with training and development so that they can deliver excellent teaching.
Being part of the David Ross Education Trust enables us to collaborate with a range of staff from across the trust, both Primary and Secondary, as well as accessing CPD from HMIs and Ofsted trained staff.â€¯ We are always keen to developâ€¯all our staff in which ever career direction they wish to go.
Ours is a warm and compassionate community where students explore their creativity and discover their passions working alongside staff who are committed to enriching the lives of their students. We really believe that we are starting to do something very special for our students.